Tips for Hosting a Fun and Kid-friendly Christmas!
Christmas is just around the corner. The holiday season brings family together, a time to celebrate and eat good food. It’s always a good idea to be prepared, especially when little ones are running around on a sugar high. Keep your Christmas running smoothly and kid friendly by following these simple tips:
- Reducing your water pressure is easy to do and will make it safer for children to use taps independently. To do this, just loosen the locking nut to the left; which can be found on the water pressure regulator. This way you’ll know there won’t be any surprises.
- Installing a washer-less tap in your bathroom will help both small children and the elderly. This tap uses small rubber components to stop the water from leaking. If you’re going to have lots of people running around, it’s a good idea to get one installed. This will help prevent unnecessary leaking and save you money.
- Small children aren’t aware of water temperatures, and could turn the wrong tap on by mistake. To minimise damage, it’s a smart idea to lower the water temperature. 50 degrees Celsius is considered a low-risk temperature for hot water burns.
- To keep children from turning on taps and burning their hands, you can install a tap guard. This makes it hard for smaller hands to turn on taps they’re not meant to. Installing one of these in the bathroom means you can relax and celebrate, rather than worrying.
- Make sure all your smoke alarms are in working order. It’s a good idea to check them once a month to make sure the batteries don’t need replacing. Having a working smoke alarm ensures your safety in case of an emergency.