Emergency Plumber Services Sydney
Ruttley Plumbing and the qualified team of licensed, insured plumbers and gas fitters offer emergency Plumbers to homes and businesses Sydney-wide.
NOTE: If you need Police, Ambulance or Fire Brigade, call Emergency Services FIRST on: 000
Call us Now if you have any of these issues at Home or at your Business Premises.
Here are some tips for what you can do before we arrive:
Blocked Toilet or Blocked Drains
- Do not flush the toilet or run any more water down any drains.
- If a blocked toilet, turn off the water supply to the toilet itself (look for a tap beside or behind the toilet)
- Turn off the premises water supply at the mains.
- If water is on the floor or coming up from a drain, lay down old rags and towels to contain the water in the area to prevent it from spreading onto carpet or timber flooring.
Burst Water Pipe
- If water is spraying out, turn off the water supply at the mains water tap (generally in the front lawn or garden)
- Also turn off the hot water heater at the water supply which feeds the tank.
Burst Gas Pipe
- Turn off the gas supply at the source, either at the Mains Gas Meter or LPG Bottle.
- Do not do anything which creates a naked flame or spark.
- IF using LPG Gas supplied in Bottles
- LPG must be isolated at the bottle. If however the leak is at the bottle and presents personal risk, leave it to emergency services.
- LPG is HEAVIER than air, be aware it will fall to the lowest point, for example downstairs
- Open doors and windows to allow the heavy LPG gas to escape
- IF using Natural Town Gas supplied through the mains:
- Natural Gas must be isolated at the meter
- Natural Gas is LIGHTER than air, so it will rise in the house, open windows and doors especially upstairs windows and balcony doors.
Hot Water Heater
- Ruttley Plumbing guarantees you will have Same Day Hot Water.
- Shut off the water at the mains water meter and at the Hot Water Tank
- If your Hot Water System bursts, lay down old rags and towels to contain the water in the area to prevent it from spreading onto carpet or timber flooring.